P-38 "Olive" ARF 60 EP-GP with e-retracts
A great return in the VQ Model collection, with e-retracts
The Lockheed P-38 Lightning was a twin-engine propeller-driven fighter developed by the United States during World War II. Designed according to the specifications of the United States Army Air Corps, it is contraddistigue for the two lateral fuselages and the central nacelle containing the cockpit and armament. The P-38 was used in a number of roles, including: interception, dive bombing, ground attack, night fighter, reconnaissance photos, radar and visual pathfinding for bombers, evacuation missions and as a fighter escort long range when equipped with drop tanks under its wings.
One of the most charismatic fighters of the history available again from VQ Model.
VQ Model makes available again to all fans this fantastic semi-scale kit, characterized by an excellent value and excellent flying characteristics. The P-38 is brought in order of flight with a relatively small investment in terms of hours of work thanks to the advanced level of prefabrication of the kit, despite the complexity of the model.
A great detail are the fowler-type flaps which is a mechanism which allows to lower and to extend (at the same time) the flaps out of the wing and therefore allowing to increase the wing surface when necessary (take-off and landing).
This aircraft is intended for experienced model pilots.
- Central fuselage + engine cowls: molded polyester fiberglass, painted, decorated
- Turbo superchargers: ABS vacuum made
- Fuselage booms : all built-up balsa and lite ply construction fuselage covered with printed PVC film with all scale details.
- PVC transparent canopy, arches already painted, 2nd world war fighter pilot.
- All built-up balsa and fine ply construction wings, ready covered with printed PVC film with all scale details. Ailerons and fowler flaps ready. All mechanism for flaps already instaled at the factory.
- Empennages all built-up balsa construction covered with printed PVC film with all scale details. Fiberglass tips.
- Plastic adjustable engine mount (IC) and wood (EP).
- Hardware package: tanks, pre-bent steel wires fixed landing gear, wheels spinners, control horns, controls linkages, various fairings, gear doors, machine guns, screws, etc.
- Electric retracts with struts
- Decals sheet
- Step by step illustrated construction manual
The model is desiged to fit either eletric power or IC engines.
This model is addressed to expert air modellers.
Motor, glue, servos, silicon fuel line