PA-22 Tri.Pacer ARF 46 EP
One of the most popular general aviation airplanes
In 1951 Piper introduced its Piper PA-22 Tri-Pacer, basically a version of the PA-20 Pacer with tricycle landing gear that incorporated a steerable nose-wheel. It also differed from the PA-20 by having initially a 112kW Avco Lycoming O-320 flat-four engine, and introduced an interconnected aileron and rudder pedal control system, enabling the Tri-Pacer to be flown entirely by the control column without the need to have an input from the rudder pedals during turns. This system was easily disconnected, however, to permit independent use of the ailerons, elevator and rudder. The Tri-Pacer proved a very popular model, and late series aircraft were powered by the slightly more powerful O-320-B engine. When production ended in the early 1960s a total of 7,668 had been built. This figure included a number of a slightly more austere version with the 112kW engine which were marketed for airport operator and flying club use under the name Piper Caribbean.
The TriPacer is a high-wing, stable aircraft and this model is intended for intermediate to experienced modelers who have prior ARF experience and have soloed 4 channel aircraft. This means almost anyone can fly a TriPacer! And you’ll have it in the air quick because it’s an easy to assembly ARF model. It accepts standard size equipment and will be ready to fly in a few short hours.
- - Built-up balsa and lite ply construction fuselage covered with printed PVC film with all scale details. Functional pilot's door articulated with hinges and locked with special hook.
- - Numerous clear PVC windows. Piot seats in plywood.
- - Aluminium main landing gear with ABS fairings. Wheel covers.
- - Molded vinylester fiberglass engine cowl, painted. Flat four dummy engine.
- - All built-up balsa and fine ply construction wings, ready covered with printed PVC film with all scale details. Ailerons and flaps ready. Aluminium wing joiner.
- - Wooden wing brace film covered with easy locking system.
- - Empennages all built-up balsa construction covered with printed PVC film with all scale details. Stab braces.
- - Adjustable engine mount (IC) and wood (EP).
- - Hardware package including: spinner, control horns, tank, 3 wheels, controls linkages, screws, etc.
- - Step by step instruction manual
Engine, servos, fuel line, glue